Advice pls - paid for items - seller vanished (Gtaddict)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I paid for a set of Magura Racelines from a Retrobike lister Gtaddict -

It’s been weeks now and he doesn’t respond to emails, PM and he’s left the company he was working for

I paid by direct bank transfer - I have enough proof of sale and payment - should my next step be to contact the bank or the police?

Any advice appreciated

Re:

Immediately contact your bank. I have joined in the last three months, and so far in selling and buying have had some really good dealings with a whole bunch of RBs but some weird ones - maybe 25% weirdness where people immediately say they want something and then disappear or say ‘well actually I have no money so what can we do?’. Er....wait until you have some? All very odd.

GTaddict seems to be Leamington Spa and first name Justin. The bank of course will be able to obtain details which can then be used for further action.

Re:

I've bought and sold on here for years, had a few bad experiences on both sides but not many. Pretty sure I've dealt with gtaddict and don't recall any issues. There is a process on here for reporting this kind of thing, the mods contact the offender and depending what happens, take appropriate action.

Have you done that?

I'd certainly do what you need to via your bank to recover your £ though.

According to his profile he has logged on this morning, just before 7am so he is active, so no reason not to have seen your messages.

Re: Re:

ishaw":1dzc2qm7 said:
I've bought and sold on here for years, had a few bad experiences on both sides but not many. Pretty sure I've dealt with gtaddict and don't recall any issues. There is a process on here for reporting this kind of thing, the mods contact the offender and depending what happens, take appropriate action.

Have you done that?

I'd certainly do what you need to via your bank to recover your £ though.

According to his profile he has logged on this morning, just before 7am so he is active, so no reason not to have seen your messages.

Thanks for the advice
I’ll get to it
I have messaged him through here and emailed too - to no avail.
If it is an honest mistake and he has some issues which have caused this then he should’ve told me - now all I want is my money back and am loath to report this.

I hope he responds - and I’m contacting the bank now

Re:

Bank transfers can’t be reversed can they? Only in instances where a account is hacked which isn’t the case

d8mok":3an53jz4 said:
Bank transfers can’t be reversed can they? Only in instances where a account is hacked which isn’t the case
I believe if the transaction has been suspected to be fraudulent and it has been reported - bank customer service is closed so can’t know as yet - will be tomorrow

shedobits":2ksk4nfa said:
In a similar vein -- I may want mods to access my PM's, are they legally / technically able to?
Good question - can they? Anyone ?

xxnick1975":24moszos said:
Might be his inbox is full.

Don’t think the police would do anything
I think they just isssue a reference number to start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back