Reynolds Handlebars

fettler

Senior Retro Guru
I have some steel handlebars which came with my RC100, I'm pretty sure they are Reynolds as they have the internal flats. Is there any way to distinguish 531 or 753 or other? They feel light for steel but mine seem to have a powder coated black finish which probably adds a good bit of weight. Anyone have any specs for weights or number of flats?

Re:

I've got a pair of 501 bars somewhere I can get a weight for comarison if you like?

Re:

Pleased they're probably top notch 753 then! Would be interesting to see any weight difference, if MR OX could weigh up your 501's then I'll get mine on the scales.

I remember these being featured in Mountain Biker Magazine in about 1990 but I can't remember too many details that far back! Also remember having some steel bars on my Kuwahara Cascade that were about 450g and still started to sag downward after a few months. (Proper Gaspipe!)

Re:

Sorry for the late reply :facepalm:
Just been out to the garage but theyaren't in my box of handlebars so must be "Somewhere safe" I will investigate further at the weekend

Back