The worst bike on RB?

Captain Stupido

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My neighbour threw this out yesterday and predictably enough I wasn't able to resist.

Yes it's horrible, but underneath it all it looks like a nice frame. He reckons Reynolds tubing under the matt black, I suggested 501... he agreed, but who knows.

Anyone care to take a guess as to what this was? Might be able to find out by taking the black off...

Attachments

• DSCF9254.jpg
    DSCF9254.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 2,066
  • DSCF9255.jpg
    DSCF9255.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,065
Re: Oh no...another stray dog. Anyone recognise the frame?

Beagle! You could be right!

Good thought re the seatpost. I'll see if it comes out and then check what size it is...

"Jennado" headset... hmm...

Attachments

• DSCF9256.jpg
    DSCF9256.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 2,058
Re:

I'm with British Eagle as well on this one.. I reckon some paint scraping may be needed though? I quite like the idea of it as a potential stealth bike for the London winter.

FWIW the Jennado was a waterproof cover made by YST, one or two vintage BMX's tended to have these. It would be interesting what diameter the headset is, come to think of it?

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":1lv673op said:
I quite like the idea of it as a potential stealth bike for the London winter.

Me too. :roll:

So the good/bad news is the seatpost came out alright. That means I don't have an excuse to throw it out for the rubbish again. :facepalm:

Anyway I've measured it and it seems to be a 26.4, maybe a 26.6. Unfortunately the otherwise perfectly decent seatpost has been cut short, and shortness aside it's probably the only decent bit on it...

Seatpost bolt head is that imperial size British bike makers use. I forget which... I used the adjustable.

Re:

Well, it's definitely not dissimilar to this one of LGF's...

file.php

...which was apparently 531 all terrain.

Although component-wise there are no similarities... I wonder.

Re:

Could be an older Falcon then as they used Tange No.1 tubing which I think used a 26.6 post, I owned that particular BEagle for a while, wild thing :D :D

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":15ij1tbl said:
Could be an older Falcon then as they used Tange No.1 tubing which I think used a 26.6 post, I owned that particular BEagle for a while, wild thing :D :D

My Falcon K2 was a 26.6... I think. Totally different frame though, Taiwanese made I think, not lugged and all Japanese components.

My Dawes is Reynolds 500 and uses a 26.4

:|

Have started taking it apart... So far so good but I'm a bit nervous of the FAG bottom bracket, which appears to want a "special tool". It's chunky enough to have me think mole grips might do it, but if that r/h side is reluctant to come out...

...anyway here's some pictures. I'm going to go outside and strip as much off as possible before the sun goes away. Most of it's going in the scrap bucket but if anyone wants anything (karma obviously) then let me know...

Attachments

• DSCF9257[1].jpg
    DSCF9257[1].jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 1,950
  • DSCF9258[1].jpg
    DSCF9258[1].jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 1,949
Back