Expensive grips, without packaging, what should i do ?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
right guys,
i won a set of grips from e-bay, (the german one) .
i paid about £30 posted for them, :oops: :LOL:
i know its a lot, but i wanted them, so anyway... they were pictured with the original plastic tube, which obviously i wanted as it adds re-sale value !
And i paid 9 euros for shipping !
they turned up in a blue freezer bag, without the original plastic tube and cardboard inset bit.
the original picture was this one........

i have asked for the plastic tube, but hes not replying. these grips are turning out to be a right hassle !
WHAT SHOULD I DO ? WHAT CAN I DO ? AM I FUSSING OVER NOTHING ?

cheers andy

Attachments

• odi grips.jpg
    odi grips.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1,967
Was the packaging mentioned in the listing?

First thing I guess is to speak to the seller and voice your displeasure, see what he comes back with.

Are you going to use the grips?if so put it down to experiance,if they're for a collection then just bombard him with email.Only problem with e-bay,relies so much on trust.

Little Bob":2cl9dol6 said:
Was the packaging mentioned in the listing?

First thing I guess is to speak to the seller and voice your displeasure, see what he comes back with.

good point !! im not sure if it says posted without packaging, because i dont speak german :LOL:
the original advert from e-bay is here........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0268655108

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
MJN":1m6v9im5 said:
Are you going to use the grips?if so put it down to experiance,if they're for a collection then just bombard him with email.Only problem with e-bay,relies so much on trust.

thats the problem......... i was going to use them on my rascal, but they arnt quite the colour i thought, and they dont quite work with my colour scheme, so now i want to sell them on again !! so its obviously a bit of a problem for me !

If you don't want them I'd just get them sold on - use the same picture, the one with the packaging and claim ignorance. More than likely the person buying them won't be bothered about the missing tube.

If it helps at all, I have a set of these in the same colour, NOS, boxed (tubed?!) which I can photo for you? Or do a colour photocopy of the label so you can stick it into a tube from a cheap set of grips?

Let me know fella!

Dave

daveaasmith":1ux3eswk said:
If you don't want them I'd just get them sold on - use the same picture, the one with the packaging and claim ignorance. More than likely the person buying them won't be bothered about the missing tube.

If it helps at all, I have a set of these in the same colour, NOS, boxed (tubed?!) which I can photo for you? Or do a colour photocopy of the label so you can stick it into a tube from a cheap set of grips?

Let me know fella!

Dave

Holy crap remind me never to buy anything from you :LOL: :LOL:

daveaasmith":15s1n045 said:

Let me know fella!

Dave

thanks for your offer of the photocopy, if i dont get the original packaging i will message you to arrange that please.
as for claiming ignorance, its quite likely they will be sold to someone on this forum so id rather not do that ! :LOL: .
even on e-bay if i sold them i wouldnt claim ignorance as the person id sold them to would be as annoyed as i am . ;)
cheers

If you paid with Paypal, start a dispute, normally speeds up replies from people. I would say he would/should have declared that the original packaging was not included in the sale, if it wasn't.
Carl

kaiser":r79khgzb said:
[Holy crap remind me never to buy anything from you :LOL: :LOL:

Ha ha ha, err yeah, actually I realise how that sounds :oops:

You see I'm thinking the sale will be to anyone other than you retroguys! Just trying to look after us important peeps :LOL: :roll:

Back