1991 Specialized S-Works Steel Info

philberforce

Dirt Disciple
Hi all,

I have picked up a 1991 Specialized S-Works steel, the blue/grey coloured one and I am trying to get some information on it. There seems to be no record of the S-Works products in the 1991 catalogue and wondered if anyone had any details such as spec or was it available frame only, tubing details etc?

I'm thinking of doing an XC Pro build, something similar to the Epic Ultimate spec of '91?

Any info appreciated,

Philberforce

Re:

Any pics?

S-works didn't come out till '92, and blue / grey sounds like the '95 colours.

What makes you think it's a '91 frame?

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":2z4okpqy said:
Any pics?

S-works didn't come out till '92, and blue / grey sounds like the '95 colours.

What makes you think it's a '91 frame?

Hi,

Same colour as the one in this link, maybe more blue or dark blue/grey:

viewtopic.php?t=45892

Not sure which year, '92 was green/turquoise fade, '93 was burgundy, '94 silver?, '95 blue/grey

Re:

My '94 is solid red with white decals, so they did have colour variations in different markets etc...

OK, thanks for the great info. I guess I’ll tell for sure from the serial number when it arrives? However from what you’ve said about the S-Works brand it can only be from ‘92.

I have a s-works M2 and yes the s-works didn't come out till 92 but mine has a 91 series number so presumably they were made late 91 for release in 92

Re:

Yes, that would be normal - usually anything made after July / August of a given year would be for the following year model. Hence why there's often minor differences between what's shown in a catalogue, and what actually was seen on released bikes of a following model year - if you get me.

My '91 M2 Team has a '90 serial number for example, whilst my 2 '92 M2 Teams have a '91 and a '92 serial number indicating one was made in '91 for '92 year, and one as made early '92 for '92 model year.

All fun!

Back