Rock Shox Judy SL 1997

Miles

Devout Dirtbag
Hi

I have a set of 97 Judy SL in which the elastomers have disintegrated. Looking at options to get them up and running again. Any thoughts on the best way. I just bought some Type 3 springs on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-RETRO-RO ... 7675.l2557

but think have made an error as these I think are for '98 - shall I cancel the order??!

Thanks for any help.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

they should work, BUT you need the connector as shown in this pic:

Attachments

• connector for type 3 springs.JPG
    connector for type 3 springs.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 494
Re:

You'll need some way to plug them together (if anyone has one the dimensions would be great).

Also they are x-soft, so hope you are small and lightweight. (<9stone)

Rockshox rate a XS full set as 90 to 125 lb (90-107.5 aggressive rider, 107.5-125 normal average rider)

Re: Re:

Miles":3cxby96p said:
Hmm thanks! Anyone know where I can get one of those connector thingies....?

I thought I had a set, but after checking an old conversation on fb, I have given them to a guy in Canada with some other unknown springs I got in a pkg deal when I bought a oem 80mm damper.

if nothing else I could pull the type 3's out and measure the connector for you if you cant find something, im sure they could be 3d printed easily

Re: Re:

stingray230sx":oi03d1d2 said:
Miles":oi03d1d2 said:
Hmm thanks! Anyone know where I can get one of those connector thingies....?

I thought I had a set, but after checking an old conversation on fb, I have given them to a guy in Canada with some other unknown springs I got in a pkg deal when I bought a oem 80mm damper.

if nothing else I could pull the type 3's out and measure the connector for you if you cant find something, im sure they could be 3d printed easily
That's why I wanted the dimensions, i've posted a few times but nobody seems to have the connectors to measure (or knows they have).

Though it should end the ID of both springs (top is narrower) and a lip I guess.
Length a few cm ?
Gap/spacer bit 5mm?

Re:

hope this helps

Attachments

• center shoulder thickness.JPG
    center shoulder thickness.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 381
  • lower spring guide diameter.JPG
    lower spring guide diameter.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 381
  • lower spring guide length.JPG
    lower spring guide length.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 381
  • total length.JPG
    total length.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 381
  • upper spring guide diameter.JPG
    upper spring guide diameter.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 381
  • upper spring guide length.JPG
    upper spring guide length.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 381
Re:

Typical, after waiting ages and final getting some measurements.
I alter some forks on a build as they get serciced, so go hunting through my loft and find some long forgotten 1998 JudySL in excellent condition.
Yep you know what's in them :oops:

:facepalm:

Back