What’s wrong with me? Stop buying!

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So I don’t ride my retro really these days but have a garage full. Been trying to get rid of a few of the bikes I never needed so all’s well. :D

A Orange Elite arrived today and literally minutes ago I won another Orange Clockwork, neither of which i will probably ever use, both of which I have had before and never used. I won a Prestige the other week and had to drive to Haydock to get it...... Damn you retrobike addiction. :facepalm:

I blame Love Island. :|

Re:

To be fair the cost is negligible as I seem to be a magnet for Syncros stems at the moment that usually cover the main cost but I have no space, no time to build or strip them, no time to ride them and no real desire to clean up bits to sell on. Gaar.

xxnick1975":2lwlabkr said:
Its a habit you need to break for sure.

Just say no. Like Zammo.

Tried that and had a proper clear out when I bought my last modern bike but things are getting out of hand again :facepalm: :LOL:

Change the behaviour around the purchase point.

Eg, if it in the evenings at home, do something different, go out, find a hobby etc, break the cycle (sorry!)

You can do this, stay strong

Re:

Easy, stay off eBay and ride instead.
And by the way, you didn't "win" the bikes, you bought them.

Re:

Don't worry about it! I've got two builds of my own (one that's currently stalled, My Co2) & two other builds (just trying to clear some parts) but still managed to see a lovely Fisher on here that I've now put my name on.
I have however started cleaning parts up to sell (I don't like doing it but it gives me an excuse not to paint some bits I HATE PAINTING!!) & I'm kind of resigned to the fact the two bikes I'm selling at "don't strip me" prices aren't going to sell so I'll be parting them out soon :(
Also anything's better than love island ;)

Re:

Hmmm.... whatever you do don't branch out into retro road bikes... that's a whole other world of pain :facepalm:

Just when I think I've succeeded and got it down to 3 usable bikes.... BOOM!!! along come another 3, or 4, or 5..... :roll:

Re: Re:

clubby":2tzrm0bl said:
And by the way, you didn't "win" the bikes, you bought them.

The wise words of someone who has un picked the marketing guys evil ways of hoodwinking us into thinking we’re winners
Fact is we were just the highest bidder on the day

Often wondered did I find a bargain that most missed, or just some gullible fool “who paid more” / “was prepared to go higher” (Delete as appropriate) than anyone else

Back