Old DEVO Team Bikes Circa 1996-1998

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Hi All,

I'm looking for anyone that has a picture of the team bikes Team DEVO rode between 1996 and 1998. They were Ellsworth hardtails in 1996 and 1997 I believe, and then they were Kleins in 1998. It could be an old pic of someone racing one or whatever. Those in the UK probably dont know who or what I'm referring to, but those who raced the NORBAs in the mid to late nineties do...

The Ellsworths were custom jobs with Spinergy Rev-x Roks, Rock Shok Judy SLs, Magura Racelines, and the first run of Grip Shift.

The Kleins were baby blue with Orange Highlights. Most had the first run of Rock Shock SIDs.

I'm thinking of building replica bikes and I just want to see what they had on them. Anything you could provide would be great! BTW if you raced Juniors back then with or against that team, hit me up, I bet we could swap some sweet memories.

Hi!

I'm sure I have a picture of one of their Ellsworth DH bikes somewhere but no XC stuff......think it's in a Rock Shox brochure, I remember that the jerseys were way cool, if anyone has a good nick one in XL I'd be interested :D

Stu

Hmmm... I'd like to see what an Ellsworth "DH" bike was back in 1996...

I live in Durango and I always laugh at Herbold's 1992 Miyata on the wall at MBS... Rock Shock RS-1's were pretty much the only thing distinguishing it from an XC bike... people on this forum would go nuts at the bikes they have there.

Back