Modern equipment/retro Frankenbike

grapat

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

Comments on my current build.

I have just bought a Cannondale Killer V frame from Facebook £25 How can I tell what year it is?

I believe the headsets are different on the later ones is this true? I am wanting to but some vector 2 forks on it with a 1 inch steerer and use a reducer.

I am wanting to set this bike up with a 1 x 10 or 2 x 10 with brifters and drop bars as Its primary use will be bridleway/gravel track.I already have 10sp 105 brifters am I right in thinking I will need to use a 9 speed MTB long cage mech.

I will also be wanting to use my 10 speed carbon road crankset from another build will this be OK?

I will probably have loads more questions as the build goes on.

Any help will be appreciated.

Graeme

A picture would help, but you can look up serial number on vintage cannondale website.

Or browse the catalogues on that site (and here)

Re:

I decided to call it that as its a load of random bits flung together to make the custom bike I want.

Call that a Frankenbike?

We need to talk about grapat...................

Now this on the other hand....

^that's just a bike! Just a custom build. Frankenbike is 26in frame, in XL, seat slamed, 29er fork and front wheel, aerobars, and slicks...

Re:

Wow History man That is a FUGLY Bike. :shock: :shock:

Hopefully mine will be a little more aesthetically pleasing. I was thinking some carbon road forks. :D

Re: Re:

grapat":1ssskxbo said:
Wow History man That is a FUGLY Bike. :shock: :shock:

Hopefully mine will be a little more aesthetically pleasing. I was thinking some carbon road forks. :D
You really have no idea do you?

If you want any styling tips. I only build these 'specials' for racing though, so you have to be hardcore.

Back