wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've not done this before as I have always given the benefit of the doubt, but tbh I am fed up with people messing me about - I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Far too many people (imo) enquire about items for sale and say they'll buy or how much to post etc etc and then don't even have the manners to reply to messages.

It takes time and energy (which I struggle with) to pack items and I specifically asked for understanding in my sales threads, but selfish behavior is all too prevalent.

All it takes is a 'sorry mate' type message, but simply to ignore numerous pm's is (imo) simply rude :evil:

So, for the first time I've left (appropriate) negative feedback...

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=385402

Please get some manners you naughty people!

Re:

Wadsy, I think you're right. Forgetting to reply a pm once can happen, but reading and neglecting 3 pm's is just rude.
I think it's important for us to keep realizing that after every nickname there's a person. Being rude and indifferent undermines forum functionality on the long term.

Send one of those black bags full of poo (that seem to grow on trees around here) instead of parts?

Or one those multiple bottles of apple juice truckers always chuck out for being off (tastes off to me anyway) instead of said item?

The History Man":1iimfkv8 said:
Not in the spirit of Rb. Decency, integrity, senility.
Pretty much sums it up."My word is my bond"-a phrase drilled into me as a lad by my father,and most others who frequent this site from my experience.

Re:

Last weekend I received a pm about a nos frame I'm offering here. Friendly tone, good questions, so I drove twice to my storage to get the wanted information. Busy times but ok, no problem. The member wrote that he would almost certainly take the frame but offered to pay a bit less than I asked for. But hey, if I can someone happy with a frame, that last 15 pound is not that important. We agreed on the price and I pm'd him the length of the headtube, which I knew was enough to use his forks again. After that it became silent. So I sent a friendly reminder. All pm's were read but nothing answered anymore.
It bothers me, this behaviour.

Re:

Yes it seems that some people here just don't have simple common courtesy...

A guy here asks me by PM about a red Ringle Zooka stem that I have. I take the time to photograph it and send him a detailed email with photos and details but I never hear back so I assume he just isn't interested and forget about it.

After two months the same guy PM's me about some red Ringle hubs that I also have available. Again I take the time to photograph the items and send him a detailed email with photos and details. I remember him as not replying before but choose to send him an email anyway as I always try to give people a second chance.

No response. Nothing at all. Not a simple one-liner saying thanks but no thanks. These people clearly have no respect for anyone else...I wonder if they even respect themselves and their own property or if they treat that poorly as well...

Star12

Re: Re:

Remko":h80yw8pw said:
Last weekend I received a pm about a nos frame I'm offering here. Friendly tone, good questions, so I drove twice to my storage to get the wanted information. Busy times but ok, no problem. The member wrote that he would almost certainly take the frame but offered to pay a bit less than I asked for. But hey, if I can someone happy with a frame, that last 15 pound is not that important. We agreed on the price and I pm'd him the length of the headtube, which I knew was enough to use his forks again. After that it became silent. So I sent a friendly reminder. All pm's were read but nothing answered anymore.
It bothers me, this behaviour.

I got a reply after all and sold the frame. Some people are just very busy or taken by circumstances. But still, a short reply is always better than complete silence.

Re:

I agree with you one hundred percent; life can be very hectic nowadays and most of us lead busy lives. I myself have a very busy, high-stress job and am constantly travelling through different time-zones but I can still find a few minutes to send an email or reply to a PM. I guess some people just prioritise communication and others do not.

Glad you sold the frame in the end! :)

Star12

Back