Late 90’s Gary Fisher rear disc brake mount problem.

Raglansurf

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,

This is my first post and I’m hoping the good folk on here can help.

I have a late 90’s Gary Fisher Paragon and for years have had Hope C2 disc brakes fitted unfortunately the rear has given up the ghost and is not repairable and was hoping to find an adapter to enable me to fit slightly newer brakes to give me more options but I’ve tried the a-z adapter and it doesn’t give me enough space so can snyone point me in the direction of any other rear disc brake models other than the C2 that will fit this mount?

Hi Raglan,

I presume you had something like this:

The A-Z AD-PMR should fit with a Magura Marta, Julie or Louise, Formula, older Hope Mono, C2 #3 or similar. This is about the smallest combination you're going to get on an ISO fitting. This is a Marta:

If not, you'll just need to find another C2 caliper. You've come to the right place to dig up that sort of thing :D
I don't know of any other makes of calliper that will fit the C2 adapter, but there may be better minds than mine out in the hive...

If you need to post some pictures, I'll PM you my email address and get them up for others to see.

All the best,

Attachments

• C2 Paragon.jpg
    C2 Paragon.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 510
  • dsc06892_167.jpg
    dsc06892_167.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 512
Re:

Great. Thanks. Happy to pay postage and whatever u see fit for it. Unless u local to me ? I’m chesterfield Derbyshire based.

Re:

I’ve got 1 of these calipers if your interested, it came as part of a bunch of parts I bought and I have no use for it. I’ve got new pads and seals to build up a good caliper I just don’t have the mounting bracket.

Or I have a set of mono mini breaks I have just rebuilt with new seals, pistons and fluid to suit 160 front 140 rear with Goodridge hoses.

Re: Re:

Timoth27":do9itfwa said:
I’ve got 1 of these calipers if your interested, it came as part of a bunch of parts I bought and I have no use for it. I’ve got new pads and seals to build up a good caliper I just don’t have the mounting bracket.

Or I have a set of mono mini breaks I have just rebuilt with new seals, pistons and fluid to suit 160 front 140 rear with Goodridge hoses.
Thanks I'll bear them in mind, once I've got the adapter I'll be able to see what will fit, as you can see from Dan's photo abpove there's not a lot of room so some brakes won't fit.

Back