1997 Marazocchi Bomber Z1 = what fork oil?

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Hi Folks, just wondering what modern fork oil you'd recommend for a set of 1997 Marazocchi Bomber Z1 suspension forks?
Cheers
James

From the Bomber Technical Information manual.

Fork Oil
Marzocchi only recommends the use of high quality, synthetic fork oil like our Factory Fork Oil to
be used in the Bomber forks. The oil needs to be free of any detergent or ‘seal swell’ additives
and specifically designed for open bath cartridge systems. Marzocchi’s Factory Fork Oil fights
damping fade due to heat and aeration and exceeds the performance of other suspension fluids
in these applications, especially in regards to ‘stiction.’ All Bomber forks use 7.5 weight oil stock.

if you're unable to find a 7,5wt oil, then just mix 10wt and 5wt
any modern fork oil will do the job

Cheers folks, that’s what I was looking to hear... found the manuals in the archive too. Missed them first time around

Re:

I've put this Castrol 5w in my Bomber Z2 Atom.

Attachments

• $_35__00743_std.JPG
    $_35__00743_std.JPG
    8.5 KB · Views: 663
Re:

I know someone who just runs 10W in their bombers. Can't remember what difference it makes, possible stiffens them up a tad.

I buy mine from a local motorbike shop rather than paying through the nose for "mtb specific" stuff.

Re:

Filling can be a bit messy. I've used a large syringe.
Instead you can use the little cup you get with cough syrup.
Hope this is all good English.

Re: Re:

Remko":2afvpl6w said:
Filling can be a bit messy. I've used a large syringe.
Instead you can use the little cup you get with cough syrup.
Hope this is all good English.

Got it... finally all those wee syringes from my kids medicine will come in handy :xmas-cool:

Back