Orange MTB P7 ( 8 )

mallyboy

Retro Newbie
I picked up this Orange MTB bike that was dumped on a verge. I have done some pretty minor work on it ( Front wheel tyre, few links from chain removed and gear cable ) and it rides like a dream, and is fast becoming my fave...I believe it to be a mid 90's MTB does anybody know much about this model?

Thanks Regards Mal
Perth Australia

Attachments

• 20180603_084113_1528502792485_resized.jpg
    20180603_084113_1528502792485_resized.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 397
Re:

Hi, that is a great find. That P7 is a quality mtb from the 1990's, Orange still continue the P7 model to this day.
I'm not 100% sure on the exact year, there should be a serial number on the frame, maybe on the bottom bracket shell which might help pin down the year, but the nickel-chrome finish looks an awful lot like the '95/96model (although I think they used that finish for a few different years, but the quill type handlebar stem makes me think it's an earlier rather than later model P7).
Good to see you enjoying the P7 :D

Here's a link to the 1995/6 Orange brochure that's in the Retrobike Archive section....

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... e.pdf.html

Looks like a 95-96 as it hasa canti cable stop but the 96 graphics. Mine is similar - the 96 catalog IIRC has no cable stop and V's.

Great find. As an owner of two running P7s (plus another frame, plus another two sets of F7 forks — I may have a problem!) I can confirm that you have an awesome bike.

Amazed that one made it out to Perth, Aus. Guess the dry weather has kept the nickel plated steel in great condition.

Re: Orange P7

Yes it may have emigrated with its owner, "mystery history"...was pretty stoked to find it....was missing a front wheel so I scooped it up and carried it about 5km's to work on the bike I was on...initially I was going to strip down and sell the parts like I often do ( I work as a council Ranger in a wealthy area, and am forever picking up bikes dumped on verges, as owners to wealthy to be bothered selling ) but as an easy fix I sorted. Man glad I did as the first ride was amazing. The bike is Deore Shimano throughout weinmen?? rims with stainless steel eyelets, and smooth as silk with gear changes braking ect, with slick tyres it moves quite quickly, or that could be my perception:).

Thanks for replying to you all. I can post more photo's if you are interested?

Cheers Mal

Back