Please help me identify this 1990's Ti MTB

RFC

Dirt Disciple
Due to a self imposed intervention, I haven't been on this forum for a while. But now I'm back!

I want to consult the experts here about the origin of this mid to late 90's Ti MTB. I picked it up on Craigslist for a song and have since been using it as an allarounder.

The curved chain stays and bullet stay ends would seem to scream Litespeed. However, the cable stops are on the top of the TT. All of the period Litespeed catalogs show the stops on the side of the TT. I know that Litespeed made frames for a number of other bike manufacturers.

The photos show the decals that were on it when I got it. I have attempted to search those decals with no success.

The tubing is oversized:

ST -- 32mm
TT -- 35mm
DT -- 39

Serial number: S0DT00149

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks!

RFC

IMG_0361 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_0359 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_3071 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_0366 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_0365 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_3075 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_3079 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_3081 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

Re:

The decal font and number (ti 1000) feel very Raleigh to me. The bullet stay ends on the other hand Kona and fat.

Not much help I'm afraid.

Re:

I like these challenges but this one's a toughie, all right :?

Cable stops look like Litespeed and the dropouts scream Obed, but as you say they're in the wrong place. Frame numbers aren't right as well, as far as I know.

The closest thing I've found would be a Bianchi frame, but even they're not 100% identical.

I'll keep on having a think...

Re:

Are you sure? I've a couple of sandvik dbr axis tts and the welds on them are much smaller and dare I say neater.

Re:

Not the frame but the forks. Have seen Dukes in black, red and silvery grey/blue but never in yellow. Are these resprayed or did Rock Shox deliberately make them for a frame manufacturer?

Re: Re:

ishaw":ndjwwbl2 said:
Are you sure? I've a couple of sandvik dbr axis tts and the welds on them are much smaller and dare I say neater.
I was thinking the exact same thing..

Re:

:LOL: Hello ! I am new in RetroBike !!
I have the same problem with my Cromo Molibdeno bike .
I need to identify 1990 CroMo MTB.

I want to identify it to apoider restore it as very light and it has very good state of conservation without hits or fissures.
Thank you very much!

Back