I have sinned............

lingus75

Dirt Disciple
I have only just joined this forum and have many confessions to make after seeing some of the kit on your bikes.

In the last 18 months I have thrown out, Ti Onza pedals (didnt think it was possible to get replacement cleats) XC Pro microdrive front hub (I think), original SPD's, XC pro Microdrive crank (thread gone but could have been repaired), Greaseguard BB and some used but okay Tioga Farmer John tyres :cry:

I will no longer throw any old kit out as someone, somewhere may want them.

lingus75":2izcmlfo said:
I have only just joined this forum and have many confessions to make after seeing some of the kit on your bikes.

In the last 18 months I have thrown out, Ti Onza pedals (didnt think it was possible to get replacement cleats) XC Pro microdrive front hub (I think), original SPD's, XC pro Microdrive crank (thread gone but could have been repaired), Greaseguard BB and some used but okay Tioga Farmer John tyres :cry:

I will no longer throw any old kit out as someone, somewhere may want them.

ebay

:shock: :shock: :shock: don't ever throw away anything. People will always buy stuff on ebay. Magazines, dirty socks, half eaten sandwiches with the likeness of the Virgin Mary in the crust. Everything has value to somebody...and that value will mean money to you.

I'm still kicking myself for throwing away the Hope Ti-Glide hub in blue ano with the cracked flange in about 2001. Bought from new, still had the receipt, didn't know Hope were so fantastic with their warranties. Dang...

: P

Oops, almost forgot. The Original Nuke Proof Carbon Fibre hubs, I may have the front at home though??????? Will get my Dad to have a look.

lingus75":31ud8b8g said:
I have only just joined this forum and have many confessions to make after seeing some of the kit on your bikes......

Don't worry you will soon be paying your penance when your wallet takes a beating over the coming months :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If that fails buy yourself a Cilice and the guilt will soon vanish :LOL:

Nothing to worry too much about, I'm still trying to figure if I through out a 440mm syncros seatpost with the older style seat clamp, an XTR M900 hub front wheel, Rohloff chains.. various other M900 XTR parts a ... and a .... all the things I thought I had kept but somehow cannot find.
Chances are they are in some landfill somewhere now after moving house a few times, having children and having a few sod it days...

Now all I have after being here for a few weeks is an odd feeling for the need to spend good money (that I don't have) on old bike parts...
... and a small hope that one day my old stuff turn up in a box somewhere ..

So, say I really wanted a serviceable full XC Pro Microdrive groupset (I dont) I could really buy one? :shock:

Back