coloured cassettes and chains ?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
where can you buy blue cassettes and chains from ?
i saw a blue ti cassette in the for sale section a while ago, any ideas ?
also for my other bike wher can i get a gold cassette and chain from ?

cheers andy

I believe the blue cassette was a tioga...possibly

as for gold chains and cassettes a few to choose from for 9 and 10 speed but 8 or less may be harder.

The gold cassettes like Jez's and my one are old Goldtec ones that are Titanium coated with Titanium Nitride like the old Pace RC36 stantion legs. The nitride is quite good at resisting wear (but not amazing), same with those gold chains you see on ebay. You can get similar cassettes from poshbikes.com for the best part of £300(!).

There are cassettes out there with coloured spiders or spacers like the tioga ti cassette or the Sram ones, but these haven't coloured cogs.
Other ones that were made with coloured cogs were ones like TA but these were alloy cogs and mainly focused on smooth road riding (ie one mile on an MTB and you'll have no teeth, on the cassette and in your mouth!). They looked quite smart as they were annodised and then the teeth were machined so the colour wear was limited. These are about as much use as those gold alloy ones on ebay at the moment - avoid like the plague on your MTB!
One other alternative is the Action-tec heat treated cassettes that are a nice shade of blue, but again, cost the earth (£200 after taxes etc)

The only other coloured chains I can think of are the old BMX ones with the powder coated links, but as these tend to 1/8" they be no good unless you're going down the single speed route.

Hope that helps a bit..

Very strange ,they coat cheap drill bits in this stuff,in fact most cheapo tools use it to look a bit more flash
Add it to bike stuff and suddenly its worth a fortune :?

I've got a feeling Jeff (Sidekick416) was offering a blue TiN cassette this week......would be feckin expensive but if you gotta have the parts you gotta pay the moolah ;)

I maybe wrong ( I sometimes am ;) ) but the spacers and spider in an XTR cassette are alloy? You could split it and send them to an anodisers....... :idea:

Purple cassettes anyone?

Back