Judy, oh Judy, I hate you right now!

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Preparing bits for an incoming build and decided to give the Judy DH cart an oil change......

On opening the cart the was nothing wrong with the initial oil, *Eye roll*, then after emptying and refilling I couldn't get the *expletives deleted* seal back into the *expletives deleted* cartridge. So now I'm sat on the sofa typing this and sulking for a bit!

Meh I say, MEH!

Re:

Thin wire down the inside to give air release and/or take the adjuster screw out so you can overfill through that.

Depends on type and it's been a while since I did some.

Silk more when you turn it over and forget the oil is.. erm was in there.

Forgot about the adjuster screw trick, will try again tomorrow..... if I go near it again today I worry and lobbing the bloody thing.

Re:

Adjuster screw has been rounded off ..... *screams silently*. If anyone has a red Judy cart in tip top nick can you drop me a line please? Thanks.

Sounds like you're winning lee.
Screwdriver in the seal sounds a bit brutal. Dental floss or fishing line made into a loopalong the shaft as you slide the seal over still gives enough airspace to get the seal down, but won't scratch anything when the floss/line is drawn back out again.
I don't *think* I have any Judy spares left, but I shall take a look for you.
Gimmie a sec.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3f8d2bch said:
If you do need a new seal, I have them iirc.

I might be getting in touch, I recently noticed a drip of oil at the bottom of the cartridge side fork leg and sure enough there's zero damping now. Has anyone posted a guide on rebuilding Judy cartridge's before I get the hammers out?

Back