Hope Hub?

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
My Mrs had this upgraded hub put on her MTB years ago but doesn't remember what it is. No marks or stickers on it. Runs silky smooth.

Our local mechanic reckons it's Hope & showed me an old Ti one he has with a decal so I guess the decal could just have come off ours. His wasn't identical in shape though. Years ago when we had a new rim fitted at another bike shop bike shop the tech mentioned it was a cracking hub.

It's non disc. Is it a Hope? If so what model? If not, anyone know what it is. I may look for a matching rear hub once I know what to look for.

Cheers

Attachments

• hopehub.jpg
    hopehub.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 467
rwm1962":86xmw2s2 said:
Years ago when we had a new rim fitted at another bike shop bike shop the tech mentioned it was a cracking hub.

It's non disc. Is it a Hope? If so what model? If not, anyone know what it is. I may look for a matching rear hub once I know what to look for.

Yep, looks like a hope, the rear would be the Ti Glide.

And funny how you mentioned cracking hub :LOL: should check around the spoke holes and inner flange for cracks, they were known to sometimes

Mark

Cheers - just looked at some images of the Suspension hub. The blue ends on the inside of our hub don't taper down like the ones I saw on google (including the wiki here - doh!). Possible an earlier or later variant?

Looks ok re cracks - just some marks around holes from respoking in different direction.

Attachments

• hopehub1.jpg
    hopehub1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 452
rwm1962":10plx39y said:
Cheers - just looked at some images of the Suspension hub. The blue ends on the inside of our hub don't taper down like the ones I saw on google (including the wiki here - doh!). Possible an earlier or later variant?

Looks ok re cracks - just some marks around holes from respoking in different direction.

Its a hope fatso hub ;)

Re:

Yep FatSo the crackiest of these crackingly great Hope hubs.

The start of their multipart axles and end caps to drop down to 9mm.

Only the middle tube you can see is Titanium.
The rest is Aluminium.

I have a nice Hope Ti hub with silver flanges on a silver MAVIC SUP 217 rim with no wear if of any use?
It’s a screw on type Freewheel, I use a sunrace one on my Ringle screw on hubs with Shimano components and its works faultlessly.

Let me know if interested, I have a screw on type single speed Freewheel on it right now as it came but can remove.

Minifreak":1zm7ie7r said:
Let me know if interested, I have a screw on type single speed Freewheel on it right now as it came but can remove.

Thanks. I'm going to be patient & try to find one the same colour but our local bike tech is looking for a silver rear to match his front.

I'll let him know. Please PM me how much you're looking for & I'll pass it on

Attachments

• 20180409_160241.jpg
    20180409_160241.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 368
Back