Toxik Harald's Annual Show & Shine 2018

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Time again for the one day each year we in the Vancouver area get to display the fruits of the prevoius year,
and to bring back old favorites. A day of fun in the sun (usually) chatting with friends over a tasty beverage.
Yes boys and girls it's Toxik Harald's Annual Show and Shine. This year mark Sunday May 6th on the calendar.
That is only a meager 5 weeks away. Barely time for finishing touches on those beauties. That is if you are like
me and left everything to the last minute.

This year is the 25th anniversary of the event. We have decided that the show itself will be the featured local icon.
With thanks to Rod Kirkham, the founder of the event, Mountain and Beach Cycles and Off Road Toad.
You know what that means? We get another opportunity to bring out Toads in full force.
The previous time we did this we had 6 Toads in attendance. To my knowledge that was the most Toads ever gathered in one place.
Since then there have been numerous Toads found and brought back to life. Might be a lofty expectation but
I am hoping we can break double digits this time. Mountain and Beach also carried an excellent line up of higher end
bikes and frames such as Litespeed, American, Mountain Goat, Grove, Brave, Yeti, Ibis, Klein to name a few.
oh and of course Brodie and from Rocky Mountain the Thunderbolt. If you have or had any of these brands, especially if
purchased from M&B come on down and tell us your story. We love stories. This is an open show. Costs nothing to look.
costs nothing to put your bike in the show. You only pay an entry fee if you want your bike to be judged. As usual we will
be working on getting a celebrity panel of judges together. Bring any old mountain bike you have. all are welcome.

Would be nice to see a record attendance this the year of the 25th anniversary. Hope the Vancouver Island gang comes again.
There is talk of possibly some from the States making the trip up again. We'd love to have you join us.
As usual come over and introduce yourself to me and I'll have a nice cold beer for you. Posting a reply here might give me an
idea of how much beer to get as well. :D

We don't have a swap meet at the show. But of note, The Wheelman have a swap meet the weekend before our show
at Britannia Community Center. Get a table there if you want to sell some of your old mountain bike treasures or find
a treasure. We'd like to increase the mountain bike presence at this swap meet.

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Scan 4.jpeg
    Scan 4.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,370
  • Scan 3.jpeg
    Scan 3.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 1,370
  • 2018 Poster.jpg
    2018 Poster.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 937
Re:

indeed, that time of the year again and harald and roy will be hard at it, making ready for yet another banner year for celebrating all mountain bikes- vintage!! being the 25th annual, i am hoping to see many new faces as well as the usual suspects, who i all hope, are pulling out all stops to make this edition the best ever. now, if we can all perform a sun dance prior to and for the show day, we'll be golden, so to speak. time to kick it up a gear in preparation, as may 6 will be here before we know it. i hope to see/read comments here about potential attendees-as always, the more, the merrier- let's make this the 'merriest'! ;o)

:cool: love this show, wish i could get over, the cold beer sounds good too :)

Looking forward to all the amazing pictures of the event, as usual ;)

Mark

maybe a contingent from the u.k./europe should charter a plane and fill that cargo bay bike prime rides!! remember, you only live once. go take in the rest of vancouver, zip up to whistler/blacomb where's there's still plenty of snow and enjoy what seems to be turning into a typical bc spring! ahhhhh, springtime...!

I am certain Vancouver Island will be well represented, I'll rally the troops! My Toad and I will be there for sure. I can't wait to see the 'new' Toads!!

20170507_155331 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Such a fun event, I am hooked; a great time hanging out with an amazing group of retro nutz.

Guess I'll bring back the hardware while I'm at it... ;)

20170507_180816 by shamalama88, on Flickr

Re:

Shamus, I'm going to appoint you the official Vancouver Island coordinator.
Will that green Toad in the picture with yours be coming as well?

I'm planning on coming, maybe I can drag Dylan. Can't wait to see everyone again. I haven't got anything ready for the show his year but I'm sure I'll be busy enough keeping Eric's bikes safe from test pilots. LoL. See you in a few weeks.

Back