Is this kona what it says it is?

rosstheboss

Retrobike Rider
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
The colour matches a 91 Fire Mountain. As there is no top tube decal identifying it, you might assume that's what it is. Surely Anthony will be able to tell by the geometry.

Attachments

• Copy of 91Inner1.jpg
    Copy of 91Inner1.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 925
that's what I thought, plus looking at the chainset as well seemed to confirm it, if it stays 99p i won't mind too much though!!

Who is this Anthony chap, every thread involving a kona recently seems to ask for his help?!

PS if you edit tha title and add Kona content, Anthony will respond rather quickly I believe. Then you'll have your answer ;)

I agree that it isn't quite what the owner thinks it is, but two details suggest that it might be a 92 model - firstly the removable seat binder (the 91 bikes had braze-ons) and secondly the rear brake booster, which seems to have been standard on all 92 Konas.

The only blue bike in the 92 line up was the Hahanna, and it seems to me that the bike pictured below looks very much like the one on sale on eBay.

Attachments

• 1992 Hahanna size 18.jpg
    1992 Hahanna size 18.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 803
Back