Anyone thinking of another iconno

Retro junkie

Retro Guru
Just putting this out there!
As of previous years it seems sad that Tom called it a day!
No offence to Tom as everything he bought to this event got better and better year after year.
It would be a big ask for someone to pick up where Tom left off but it was a fantastic event with a premature ending I feel.

Surely there are enough of us to bring it back to life and give the majority of us something to look forward to.

After all it bought a lot of us together and friendships made, even if we are only at the end of a pm or post all year long.

Be great if this could happen again :D

Re:

Agreed. Reckon this would only fly again by piggy backing another cycling festival type event. Maybe a kind of Pebble Beech concours type event for retrobikes, with different classes of entry and sponsored prizes would motivate greater attendance.

Re:

What about the Mountie(stevie)
He put us on the map last year at the NEC with the cycle show. That seemed to go well for him as a first event.
It's a central location also but maybe they couldn't put up with coinciding so many of us with there event
Over to you stevie

Re:

Hi guys this yr I will be arranging the coffee mornings couple when the weather pics up,

I have in the works below:

I have a invite to attend the retro show at santa pod this yr http://www.retroshow.co.uk/index.php
They are giving me a free space to display but the cover charge to get in is £14 a person and we can arrive on the sat and stay over night.
will post more info as I get it .

We have got a plan for the cycle show this yr we have been invited back ,place is quite limited at the cycle show as I have me and two other guys that will be attending and we may have some space for others to attend,
We are displaying bikes and also taking some for the public to ride around the test course and also doing a mid build to give away for charity and we are approaching some guys to sign it as apart of the prize,
so far we have Jez Avery and we have mr crud himself pete tomkin
pete will be at the show and is trying to dig out some classic crud stuff for us to give away as runner up prizes

Re: Re:

themountie":150ku3xr said:
I have in the works below:

I have a invite to attend the retro show at santa pod this yr http://www.retroshow.co.uk/index.php
They are giving me a free space to display but the cover charge to get in is £14 a person and we can arrive on the sat and stay over night.
will post more info as I get it .

Are they going to give you a slot on the strip too? I think it would be quite cool to do a mass 1/4 mile sprint!

Re:

Santa who what where. Not heard of that bike show/rally.

Just been to the link look like some car meet, not for me.

Re:

I would have thought Ard Rock bike festival would be a more appropriate festival to be in with.

Still none are the gentle relaxed Icono style I see from pictures and stories.

York Rally would probably be similar (or any down south).

Though I thought Longun was looking into something too, a bit more retrobike orientated, than a side show.

Back