XT/DX Skewer Rubber O-Rings

Racin'snake

Gold Trader
Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know where replacements in the correct size are availble? Ive tried several hardware shops and found some in the correct diameter but can't find any in the right thickness??? I have loads of skewers with cracked and missing ones
:)

Attachments

• rsz_20180210_120846.jpg
    rsz_20180210_120846.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 647
Hey RS, I got a multi pack of mixed sized o-rings from Aldi or Lidl. Can't remember which sorry. They had some that were bang on diameter and girth. I've just been out to the shed, to see if I could match the size from the box, they were their powerfix brand, but the cardboard legend, with the sizes has gone the way of the filler spatula.

Keep your eyes out on tool deal day, there are similar in toolstation and Screwfix but they're appear to be more for, generic, Uk plumbing purposes, the aldi/lidl ones seem to have a more Germanic automotive content and range of uses.

Regards, Mick.

Re:

Racin'snake":jkfwzj0s said:
Oh forgot to mention...I realise granniegear has some on ebay but I would rather eat my own liver than do trade there

Hear hear! The annoying thing is you know he got a load cheap from somewhere and is probably marking them up 400%...like some of the other crap he has on the Ebay site :roll:

I've had the same issue recently and was wondering if those flesh tunnel type rings would work? I haven't measured the diameter of the shimano rings yet so haven't given it a shot. Something like this -> http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... gIG5PD_BwE

Lidl have o rings as above now. Was in there yesterday with a box in my grubby mit. But no use for them.

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":3qx49kvn said:
Racin'snake":3qx49kvn said:
Oh forgot to mention...I realise granniegear has some on ebay but I would rather eat my own liver than do trade there

Hear hear! The annoying thing is you know he got a load cheap from somewhere and is probably marking them up 400%...like some of the other crap he has on the Ebay site :roll:

I've had the same issue recently and was wondering if those flesh tunnel type rings would work? I haven't measured the diameter of the shimano rings yet so haven't given it a shot. Something like this -> http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online ... gIG5PD_BwE

There is some truly weird shit on that website....might do the trick though

Re: Re:

Racin'snake":3r1j3qpg said:
mynchiboy":3r1j3qpg said:
Racin'snake":3r1j3qpg said:

There is some truly weird shit on that website....might do the trick though

Wish they could learn how to spell Nitrile, Nitrite is really not what you want :LOL:

Re:

:LOL: :LOL:

That will teach me not to delve deeper into a website link!

That said, I'm intrigued by the 'Titanium threaded balls'... surely an upgrade for balls of steel?

Back