26" v brake rim recommendation needed

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
It's that time again, I've destroyed the good rear wheel on my Rourke and I need to build a replacement. Checking out Chain Reaction Cycles, there are even fewer options than last year. All I can find is the Mavic XM117, which probably isn't all that bad, and everything else seems to be disc only now.

I expect the answer is a definite NO, but are there any tubeless compatible 26" V brake rims out there? Wishful thinking, I know.

No, but I thought about them for my current project. Currently I use Sun Ringle 0°XC which I like very much...

I'm in the same dilemma as you looking for a 26" rim. I've been looking at the Sun Rhyno Lite rims. They are slightly wider than the older style rims. Good luck.

yeah sun rhyno lites are available as are the mavic 118's there may still be stock of 718's and ex 7...something floating about. But it's pretty slim pickings these days (or $$$$$$ on ebay)

T'boo Ted":1yg6o7ud said:
yeah sun rhyno lites are available as are the mavic 118's there may still be stock of 718's and ex 7...something floating about. But it's pretty slim pickings these days (or $$$$$$ on ebay)

Good to know there are still some other rims out there, for now. Are any of those tubeless compatible?

Re:

Have a look on SJS cycles, probably more options available there...

Or nip to your LBS and ask what their suppliers have, might require flicking through some catalogues though as they might not even realise what they can get hold of till they look. it's not so much that pickings are slim now, just not stocked at places like CRC any more, loads still available if you look beyond wiggle/CRC though ;-)

Back