can somebody please help me identify this Kona frame ?

JLSPFOC

Dirt Disciple
i'm guessing it's an 89 or 90 explosif because of the seat clamp, but the colour is really messing with me. has anybody ever seen this before ? thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kona.jpg
    kona.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 411
:roll: if you read the rest of the thread where you lifted the picture from then you will be as wise as us ;)

Re:

i didn't lift the image.. i found it on craigslist for sale and grabbed the image not knowing a thread about it existed already.. anyway, there's way too many unknowns for the price, so I won't bite on this.

thanks for the help!

Re:

We are working on the unknowns.
Ya should have bought it. :LOL:
Might never be for sale again.
But you can watch it being built on here.
And welcome to the forum.

Re:

To be honest, the only unknown is the exact year, but it was a Kona transition/development time and will have come in batches from wherever.

Even later on Kona had part year model changes.

Don't forget you have Joe coming and going, Kona suddenly expanding to Europe and Brodie brand getting a bit in the mix.

Similar reasons why Rocky Mountain get a bit harder in the 80's to the start of the 90s.

Re: Re:

JLSPFOC":1pvlt1u1 said:
i didn't lift the image.. i found it on craigslist for sale and grabbed the image not knowing a thread about it existed already.. anyway, there's way too many unknowns for the price, so I won't bite on this.

thanks for the help!

:oops: ah, sorry about that, does come across a bit blunt in the reply :)

Like Roy said, might not see another one for a while but its found a good home for now.

Back