Seatpost size for DB Axis team

scottproonly

Retro Guru
Hi all.dont know what year the frame is but it's true Temper and 11/8 headtube. I actually measured the id with some digital callipers and it came up as 30.37!?
If you can't tell from the photo it's covered with thin black splatters
Thanks for any help
Kes

Attachments

• rps20180113_132352.jpg
    rps20180113_132352.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 471
Re:

Did this come as a full bike or just the frame. If it's a full bike then have a look for shimano date codes on the crank or group set that should give you the year of its original stuff

Re:

It belongs to my friend but I was actually with him when he bought it as a frame from jejames in 1992 in a sale. How time flies!
Kes

Re:

Are you looking for a new post, if so is it going to be period correct or could it be something new.i do have a Thompson elite lay back post as new still in its little boutique draw string bag in that size.(just saying) ;)

Re:

That's a 1991 Axis Team frame & it would have originally come with a full XT groupset. The 1991 catalogue is in the archive.

Very nice that.....,probably the best colour DB ever did the Axis in. I'm not at all jealous. :cool:

Re:

Think they also did the ascent ex in a very similar colour.
Personally my favourite is the midnight blue axis with the pink and yellow decals. I do have one myself but the paint was to far gone so I resprayed it myself trying to replicate the colours. It turned out well but needs to be lacquered to finish it off

Back