Girvin Linkage Fork - A good match for a GT LTS ?

uk gearmuncher

Retro Guru
I'm trying to think of an eyecatching fork to stick in my incoming 1996 GT LTS rebuild project. I've seen a few with the Girvin linkage fork fitted. That looks great but is it a good choice or is that fork a bushing wearing mistake I should avoid ?

You mean a staple gun? I’ve ridden a couple and the iterations I encountered had zero provisions for rebound damping. Maybe the frames were not the ideal geometry, granted no experience on a ProFlex or K2 which I believe they were designed around. I have a new one that’s never been installed if your interested. It’s dark grey with orange graphics. I thought about puttting on an unbuilt 98 Klein Mantra just to see if I could make the bike any more weird but found better things to do.

Smithjss70":tauhllvo said:
You mean a staple gun? I’ve ridden a couple and the iterations I encountered had zero provisions for rebound damping. Maybe the frames were not the ideal geometry, granted no experience on a ProFlex or K2 which I believe they were designed around. I have a new one that’s never been installed if your interested. It’s dark grey with orange graphics. I thought about puttting on an unbuilt 98 Klein Mantra just to see if I could make the bike any more weird but found better things to do.

You have PM !

Smithjss70":1cd09toh said:
I thought about puttting on an unbuilt 98 Klein Mantra just to see if I could make the bike any more weird but found better things to do.

:LOL:

Re:

Ive seen a zaskar with nasty dents caused by these forks. Plus they’re not particularly good forks or designed for use with GT frames. Personality I wouldn’t consider them for an LTS

Re:

Orange used to offer them as an option on their bikes. One of their team riders used to use them as I remember. I always thought they looked a bit like an accident waiting to happen, but not really any more than dual crown forks.

And back to the LTS, what about a pair of Judy DHOs ?

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":3qwzywdx said:
And back to the LTS, what about a pair of Judy DHOs ?

This is going to be a quirky build that is more style over substance so I fancied something that stood out a bit.

Re:

The nuke proof reactor back in 97 had these forks, their team rider quit because he said it was dangerous and refused to ride it

+1 on the judy forks, why dont you drape it in anodised parts and make it stand out that way? ;)

Back