Marzocchi 26mm outer dust seal repro - first samples arrived

Dr-Zocchi

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,
I would like to share this info to all who are interested in this type of seals.
I managed a reproduction somewhere in China and received the first 10 examples of the 26mm outer dust seal last thursday.

I will do some tests and comparison now before I order the next set of pieces. So far they are looking great!
It would be helpfull for calculating quantity and cost if you interested guys drop me a note. I do not know in detail how much I can sell it for, reproduction is not that cheap including all costs - it depends on feedback I will receive in the next weeks.

This seal is used in all Marzocchi suspension forks 's from the 90's using 26mm stanchion tubes: XC600, XC700, XCR, DH3 and similar branded forks like Kästle HDB (XC600), ...

Attachments

• Marzocchi 26mm Seal Reproduction - 800px.JPG
    Marzocchi 26mm Seal Reproduction - 800px.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 619
Re: Re:

Remko":15k49dki said:
Nice job, and good text :cool:
Are these for the XC400 - 700 series of for the Bombers?

XC400, XC500 and others had 24mm seals, starting with XC600 and following XC700, XCR and DH3 they had 26mm seals.

First Bombers (Z1 ?) startet with 30mm seals.

Re: Bomber Seals 30mm

Remko":5a58038j said:
Thanks for your information. I'm mainly interested in Bombers.

You are welcome.
Well, last week 2 other guys asked for 30mm seals. I don't know in detail, but are the seals available in the market? From time to time I have seen kits at Eb##, but don't know much about the worldwide situation.
May be it is an idea to produce them also ... ?

Bomber seals are still pretty easy to get hold of. Enduro seals still list them, and OEM ones at TF tuned.

Re:

:cool: very nice job! registering for updates! ;)

btw, will you be also making internal fork seals as well, like the used ones you helped me out with before? :)

Attachments

• DSC06501.JPG
    DSC06501.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 492
  • DSC06332.JPG
    DSC06332.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 492
By strange coincidence I found a pair of the dust seals,right at the bottom of the bits box a couple of weeks ago and was wondering what the heck am I going to do with these :LOL: I couldnt throw them out, used or not, theyre in too good condition to arbitrarily discard.

Latest posts

Back