Alternative to Suspension Fork Parts . net?

LeeDevelopment

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

Are there any alternatives to suspensionforkparts.net for Manitou 3 and 4 elastomers out there? Preferably UK based?

Re:

Interesting but… any idea about what hardness scale for original soft, medium and hard elastomers ?

Re: Re:

24pouces":3ni4vwxy said:
Interesting but… any idea about what hardness scale for original soft, medium and hard elastomers ?

I second this - anyone have some ideas? I'm a bit lardy at the moment so looking for a mix of medium and hard ones.

Something around 60A should be a good starting point for the main stack if you're feeling lardy.
40A for light guys.

Probably another at the soft end (40A) for the top out.

All the best,

danson67":igrucfu5 said:
Something around 60A should be a good starting point for the main stack if you're feeling lardy.
40A for light guys.

Probably another at the soft end (40A) for the top out.

All the best,

You little STAR, thank you.

I looked into this recently and there were quite a few people using 60a shore material; I think that is too hard and people are only using it as it's more readily available pre cut at a sort of useable size (in the US). I was going to get 40a and 30a to test and did speak to Dawn at http://www.polyurethanemanufacturers.co.uk who was very helpful.
They make everything to order so you can get one piece or multiple pieces to mix hardness. I was going to get a couple of 12" lengths then freeze them and cut it myself but in the end had another plan (I'll come to that in a sec...). For a 300mm length 19mm diameter with 6.3 hole it was between £20 and £30 with 20 week delivery. As I didn't end up going that route I'm not sure whether 40a or 30a was right.

I built my own spring kit, I've two forks running with them one is a kids fork so has one empty leg. There's enough friction in the design that they're not overly bouncy.
I 3d printed some spring bases and used some valve springs from a VW engine, I've a small box full and made enough spring seats for maybe 4 sets of forks.

Click to enlarge:

Back