iron horse fs

thummie

Dirt Disciple
Here is my recently acquired Iron Horse FS. I had one of these (same colour) back in the late 90s' and really enjoyed it.

This one is going to be a full campy build (except perhaps rims), and is likely to take some time....

First question is, does anyone know what the seat post diameter is? I've measured a few times, and get 29.5, which is not a standard size. So I am doubting my measurements...

Cheers,
Andrew

Attachments

• 20171205_201229.jpg
    20171205_201229.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,007
Wow! very nice mate.

It could be a 29.5, have a look here:http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=275547

How much did it set you back, if you don't mind saying?

Nice to see another one!

Mine was the original Verlicchi post, cant remember the size though

rudy_project_verlicchi_270.jpg

Nice bike big cheese. But at first glance I thought you'd fitted a ridiculous red seatpost mounted mudguard.

Re:

Very nice, I always thought these were one of the better looking FS bikes of the time. I still remember the Iron Horse ad with Dave Cullinan thrashing one of these down Kamikaze, if I recall?

Quick google search for other Verlicchi sale ads confirms the seatpost is 29.4 ;)

Re:

LGF, Love the black! is it anodized or painted?
Dalby – around 200quid inc postage from US in your money.
Mychiboy – nice work ;-) now the search is on! Ideally I would like to track down the original Verlicchi stem and seat post, but not sure what my chances are… Reckon first steps so I can get it going and start riding in for now.

Back