Going to make my own Muddy Fox rear wheel disc

MuddyFred

Dirt Disciple
Seeing as Muddy Fox rear wheel disc covers are virtually unobtainable, I'm going to make one (as part of my 1989 Muddy Fox Seeker resto).
I've seen a couple of videos on youtube, and it looks fairly easy. I've worked with plastic before, and know how to stitch weld with a soldering iron. Replicating the Muddy Fox name and paw print logo will be easy for me to do, as I used to work as a graphic designer.

My idea is to get some yellow plastic, cut and weld, and print out the logos and use them as stencils for black spray paint.

Now, seeing as it's more than twenty years since I've seen one of the Muddy Fox discs, I can't quite remember if the finish on the plastic was gloss or matt. I've got a feeling it might of been more like a satin finish? And I need to know just how thick the plastic is (probably somewhere between 0.5mm and 1mm).

Could someone with a Muddy Fox rear disc please do me a favour and let me know what the finish and thickness is please.

And if anyone has made a disc cover before and knows any tips and trucks, please feel free to chip in. Also, if anyone knows of anyone that supplies the discs already cut and formed to size, please do tell.

Cheers,
Dave.

Did you see the one on bike of the month last month? It's got exactly what you need. Pm him I'm sure he can sort you out a bit of info.

Back