Hope big un and lobo question

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hi ,

I’ve got a sts lobo in good condition but the original big un hubs are now faded pink rather than red.

If I remember correctly the rear hub is shorter than most normal hubs. If I buy a pair of normal axled big uns can I remove my current axles to allow fitment to my lobo. I’m running the standard GT Hope black rear caliper if it makes any difference.

My lobo has sun rhyno lite rims which I believe were standard on some early bikes. Unsure whether to keep the rims or go D321.

Dom

Re:

I would guess you can simply swap axles, it would not make a lot of sense for the shell to be a different size. It's how they roll with most of the modern hubs, though 150 has a different body, not sure about 142 or boost, these are all alien concepts to me.

Having typed out a long answer i reread your ask and can say yes that is exactly what you need to do.

Only the axle on the rear is short, which is to accommodate the method in which the Hope/GT No2 caliper attached to the frame. All big un hubs are(to my knowledge) the same.

Mine is giving me headaches too, spacing must be slightly out as the brake mount just about touches spokes and makes a teeny noise when the wheel spins.
It's on my list....

You got a better hub body to switch over to?

Back