falcon mountain king?

iow tom

Retro Guru
i might be collecting a 'falcon mountain king' in the next couple days.
reynolds 500?
anyone know anything about this bike?
i dont have a pic yet but will post one up when i get one.
thanks, tom

Re:

Hi tom how's it going

About 3 years ago I found a 1988 falcon Colorado atb at a local car boot!
It was in near mint nick and looked like it has only been used a handful of times. All I had to do was pump up the tyres a good clean and a bit of lube here and there.
It was a fantastic ride and was covered in sugino and dia compe stuff with very little wear on anything.

If yours is in v. Good nick make it a keeper because you don't come across stuff like these to often. Wish I still had mine just for a pure nostalgia ride of how it used to be
Good luck with it when you get it

thanks for the reply retro junkie.
brilliant, i will definitely keep it if i get it. i like the fact its quite rare and a part of british mtb history.
the one im after is sat there getting rusty, it need saving.

Resome pics

heres some pics.
shes in a sorry state but im hoping to restore her to former glory...

Attachments

• DSCF3473.JPG
    DSCF3473.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3474.JPG
    DSCF3474.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3475.JPG
    DSCF3475.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3476.JPG
    DSCF3476.JPG
    209.8 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3477.JPG
    DSCF3477.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3478.JPG
    DSCF3478.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 743
  • DSCF3486.JPG
    DSCF3486.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 743
Re:

looks half decent to me tom...give it a good t cut and a good wax after...paint looks to of lasted well to me so it should shine like a new pin :cool: :cool:

hey retro junkie i will do. i didnt think of using tcut. good idea. any recommendations on wax?
i am hoping itll come up nice. im glad i saved it. thanks dude

I had a falcon when I was about 12 and bent the cheap suspension forks about eight inch forward doing a jump on the slag heaps. Good times. Definitely worth saving that. It will take no money but plenty of elbow grease. Good luck

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":7hdivee8 said:
looks half decent to me tom...give it a good t cut and a good wax after...paint looks to of lasted well to me so it should shine like a new pin :cool: :cool:

+1 ^^ should be a very rewarding process.

It'll be a different bike afterwards, especially if you remove all the tat
.... Hate seeing MTB's with mid guards, its a kin to a seeing a sports car with a towing bracket.

As for wax just use regular car wax, but just go careful round the decals/stickers as they wax will get lodged under the edges that are lifting.

Latest posts

Back