Hope C2 caliper referb, Need direction please

nutcase-retro

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi All,

Need help with brake referb please. ive split the callipers and need to know how to get the pistons out. youtebe has nothing and hope site has nothing but a parts plan.

You get the pistons out by hydraulic actuation but as you have split them, carefully use a compressed air line whilst having the whole caliper covered with a rag.

Re:

With C2's you need to unscrew the piston using a pin spanner first before using an air line or similar to eject the pistons.

Yeah I seem to remember pin holes on the pad facing side of the piston and having to turn it. I can't remember if it was to unscrew it, or just to get it moving while pushing it out with air.

Unscrew the pistons and keep unscrewing until you feel a click that says its left the thread.

I ask the reason youre taking the pistons out ?, as ive found with the older its sometimes best left well alone, and pumping them out a bit, cleaning and applying lube then repeating a few times is a better idea.

Hoses off, drain out fluid then blow out any residue.

Clean lever and pump some fresh fluid through to remove any debris.

Only take the lever pistons out if theyre leaking or you have no other option, its a nightmare in there :shock:

Re:

Rather than using a compressed air line to eject the pistons, you can just use a standard bicycle pump. I did this myself many years ago.

Back