1993 Kona Cinder Cone Paint job?

tlaverty79

Retro Guru
I have a recently purchased 1993 Cinder Cone which is pretty rusty and the paint is all scratched and beaten up.
The dark green metallic into silver one.

I am gonna get it shot blaster and powder coated locally by a garage for £40. Their work looks pretty decent to be honest.

I was wondering what colour you guys thought I should go for?

I'm gonna get some new decals from Gil when done.

I'm open to any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

The '93 paint jobs are my favourite so I will say, dark green metallic into silver :)

Mark

I would like to keep it original but I doubt my powder coaters will be able to match the original paint job.
I might go with a dark metallic green to match the rear of the bike.

How about giving it a go yourself with spray paint and suitable lacquer?

Once fully stripped of paint and sanded down, dry it thouroughly and on a warm day give it a good undercoat. I'd spray the silver first and go way past where you want the green to come in. Allow the silver to dry hard before applying the green (mask up where you definitely don't want the green) and fading it in. Once the paints fully dry apply the decals then suitable coat of lacquer.

I'm no paint expert as I like patina but you get the idea.

I have a red bike at the moment so not looking for red. Looks awesome in red though.i like the 94 lava dome green with silver decals. Does anyone know if there are much differences in the frames between 93 Cinder cone and the 94 Lava Dome?

Attachments

• 20120612_160515.jpg
    20120612_160515.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 481
Back