ITA BB question

Double-E F

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,

Recently installed an Italian thread BB in one of my bikes.
Haven't had much fun with it yet though as it keeps loosening itself at the driveside cup while riding..

Is there anything I'm overlooking here? Only thing I noticed is that the non-driveside cup doesn't go into the shell completely (but is tight).
All suggestions are welcome!

:D

Re:

Sadly, the are flawed by design frames with Italian thread. Try a threadlock first, if that doesn't work look for a cartridge style BB where it has threads on the cartridge itself (Mavic did one) or an old UN26 where the fixed cup is on the NDS.

Alternatively if the frame is of low value, drill, tap, insert Grubb screw in the shell.

Re: Re:

Woz":19dogn2c said:
Sadly, the are flawed by design frames with Italian thread. Try a threadlock first, if that doesn't work look for a cartridge style BB where it has threads on the cartridge itself (Mavic did one) or an old UN26 where the fixed cup is on the NDS.

Alternatively if the frame is of low value, drill, tap, insert Grubb screw in the shell.

Thanks for the reply, Woz! What do you mean by a 'threadlock' :oops: ?

Re:

It's like a white paste that sets dry. Think Bostik do one, but someone better in the know will jog my memory for a known brand.

Loctite.
Halfords also di a generic thread locking compound, works well for me with things like mudguards.

Back