Retrobike on other platforms? snaptwatagrambook?

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Over the weekend and despite my delirium I heard mention of various modernist interweb things that you young people use to share.

If I were to branch out into one of these areas how would i go about it and which would be most appropriate or popular?

What are the benefits and pitfalls? Will I start getting spammed by even more medical supply companies offering me various non-invasive supports?

Please enlighten me.

Thanks THM

Re:

If I were you I would start with instagram. It's basically a big site to share pictures and tag things in them so others with similar interests can find them and relate to others with the same interest. Not much in the way of spam, in fact I dont think I've ever had spam from them.

facebook - Personally If you don't need it, don't bother (I'm trying to get away from it). Good for catching up with people, events, following companies, competitions etc but often more trouble than it's worth.

Whatsapp. To be honest I've never actually tried it but heard a few good things about it.

Re:

Instagram (faster than a telegram) is great for pictures of bikes. Facebook? We have our Yorkshire retro bike site and that's about all you would want or need. You have obviously mastered tinterweb as you are on here. Don't know what else to say really? If 46 is young, then I thank thee! :D

Re:

The History Man":2nke2x8o said:
What are the benefits and pitfalls?

Don't get started, they are all time suckers. Sure, occasionally you will find a cool idea/picture/comment, but like with TV, the time wasted for such rare finds is never worth the hassle. For the exceptional stuff, you will eventually get a link from someone. Do yourself a favor, don't get into any of them, and just ride more, finish all your "pending projects" or whatever might be your favorite "offline" activity.

I guiltily admit I occasionally visit some of those "minimalist" blogs where they tell you to simplify your life and get rid of distractions while at the same time they ask you to follow them in 6 different social networks, subscribe to their newsletter, and buy their latest ebook/course/sh*t.

Besides, now is cool NOT to be on Facebook!

WhatsApp is basically texting+ Easy to have group conversations, share pictures etc.

Re: Re:

Titiritero":2v5fokl6 said:
The History Man":2v5fokl6 said:
What are the benefits and pitfalls?

Don't get started, they are all time suckers. Sure, occasionally you will find a cool idea/picture/comment, but like with TV, the time wasted for such rare finds is never worth the hassle. For the exceptional stuff, you will eventually get a link from someone. Do yourself a favor, don't get into any of them, and just ride more, finish all your "pending projects" or whatever might be your favorite "offline" activity.

I guiltily admit I occasionally visit some of those "minimalist" blogs where they tell you to simplify your life and get rid of distractions while at the same time they ask you to follow them in 6 different social networks, subscribe to their newsletter, and buy their latest ebook/course/sh*t.

Besides, now is cool NOT to be on Facebook!

This is the only thing I does. Other than vinyl engine, email x 3, ebay, amazon, tesco, budgens, blah blah blah but no forums/sites that i regularly use. Looks like I'm staying that way.

Thanks all.

Re:

Facebook, use it and join some nice groups.

Lock it down so only you or you and you friends can see your posts.

Learn to use the 'feck off' don't want to see these drop down.

There is some great stuff on there, it like all eventually turn into posting picks of some bike.

Use it as a tool, not a way of life.

It is great for gathering info and finding out things you never knew. If you like history of places it can be excellent for that or special interest.

Don't like it, leave the group look in another.

WhatsApp is just a messaging platform like every other.
Just a popular one owned by face book.

Quite basic in use.

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":1cjhqpyw said:
Facebook, use it and join some nice groups.

Lock it down so only you or you and you friends can see your posts.

Learn to use the 'feck off' don't want to see these drop down.

Quite basic in use.

How do you do those things, Ben?

Mike

Back