I did something to my '88 Cannondale. cce sees it!

shogun700

Retro Guru
Hello all! I don't get here much any more, but I love my 80s and 90s rides and still play around with them all the time. Nice to see this forum still doing well in the age of facebook.

I love old Cannondales, this '88 has been my commuter for a couple years. Aside from the drop bar setup, I've made a major alteration to this bike. It took an inordinate amount of time and effort to customize, although there was no welding involved. It completely changed the bike...but can you tell what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_1170small.jpg
    IMG_1170small.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 888
  • IMG_1171small.jpg
    IMG_1171small.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 888
Re:

It looks great, I'm a fan of drop bar mtbs.

Custom seat post, maybe a dropper?

Re: Re:

iveto1983":31z4dm1w said:
It looks great, I'm a fan of drop bar mtbs.

Custom seat post, maybe a dropper?

Thanks! Cannondales of this vintage work well for drop bar builds. It's not a custom post, although a Hite-Rite 'dropper' would be a good addition. Getting the proper fit with these bars prompted the alteration, however.

I had to change a couple parts, though they are essentially period correct.

Re:

Not those, although I will be trying a set of Suntour Command shifters that I lucked into on a donor bike last summer. The RSX brifters are working fine but I hate the way they look.

The side profile offers the best clue. Also, the mod pays homage to a unique Cannondale attribute from the first few years they made MTB's. I have other pics I can show but that would make it too easy...

Re: I did something to my '88 Cannondale. Can you see it?

is that a 650B wheel on the front?

Re: I did something to my '88 Cannondale. Can you see it?

Added a front wheel reflector?

Back