Has anyone tried Spray.bike?

Re:

Not personally but I recall seeing a thread on here discussing it, might be some feedback in there if you can find it.

Re:

I've searched, albeit briefly, but can't find anything on here. Googling results in a few reviews and it sounds like a big improvement on using automotive spray paint. However, the reviews focus on ease-of-use and whether the finish looks good. I can't find anything from anyone who has used it and then used the bike for a reasonable period of time. And it seems to me that, if it's any good, it will be a product not for top end restorations but more utility-orientated bikes - commuters, etc.

Re:

I started a thread about it iirc around 12-18mths ago.I never used it in the end. You can get an amazing result getting custom spray cans made up for you or quality auto paint if you like the colours on offer. Its all about the pre prep of course.

Re:

My son and I did his gravel bike in satin green.

It is really easy stuff to spray and the coverage is good. He bought two cans and we did the whole frame using one full can and a tiny bit of the second.

However, he has found it to be a little brittle / delicate. This might be helped by using a primer first which we didn't for reasons of speed, so, straight onto bare, clean, unrusted steel it can chip.

Other than that, it was pretty nice stuff to use.

Re:

NeilM: Interesting. Thanks for that. I'm thinking of undercoat, the colour coat and clear coat on top, so that might last reasonably well. Though I might not keep the bike - a 94 Hardrock that I only got because it was £25 and local and I thought what the heck, nothing much to lose.

Gaddmeister: Don't suppose that's in Kent is it? (I could do with a smiley for envy here!)

KDM: Well, the advertising implies that it is, though the finish might be similar.

Re:

No sorry it's int north where the weirdos live!!

Here's my most recent powder coat.

Attachments

• 20170619_000226-1062x597.jpg
    20170619_000226-1062x597.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 528
Back