Where can i buy 26 x 1.9 tyres

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I have been searching for a 26x1.9 tyre for my Kona ready for Mayhem, Tried CRC, Wiggle, Evans etc

I have tried several places but cant find knobblies in this size. Cant fit any bigger on the rear.

Any companies to try ?

Re:

What about Panaracer Fire XC in 1.8 on the rear? CRC have them in stock. I have a set you can use if you get stuck.

Re:

+1 for the Panaracer Fire XC. I run them in 2.1 size (aka retro plus size!) on my Pace. Great all round tyre that can handle pretty much anything up to serious goop. Good progressive grip in the corners -- won't suddenly let go on you.

Also, they first came out in 1998 IIRC, so a plausible retro steed upgrade!

Re:

Try on one. They have geax tyres at good prices, can't guarantee the size will be available but worth a shot.

Got a modern michelin wildgripper in the loft. Very rare very desirable...............

would be perfect. nice and skinny but loads of grip

1.8's are probably a better choice if 1.9 is tight plus you have a good choice of options

The History Man":1znsq55d said:
Got a modern michelin wildgripper in the loft. Very rare very desirable...............

would be perfect. nice and skinny but loads of grip

Have you a price for this please, it may be out of my budget though.

Ed.

KDM":272r2kxh said:
1.8's are probably a better choice if 1.9 is tight plus you have a good choice of options

agree i have Conti Mud King 26 - 1.8 from CRC and excellent

Back