Hi from me!

Paddler

Dirt Disciple
Hi all , I'm dusting down my old GT and getting back into this malarkey :facepalm:

My name is Ian, I used to hang around South Devons bridle paths menacing the wildlife on my GT Team Avalnche . Bit of a loner but at times kicked about with guys who rode for Chris Hopkins shop Teignmouth.

Anyhoo just replaced the elastomers on my RC 35's.. ££££ but to be honest I could of squeezed a few more miles outa them

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 826
Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome ... I stipulated to Pace I wanted the 'crumble to dust ' elastomers last time I ordered some.. Silly me as they crumble as standard!!

These were actually an old soft pair as the hard pair I slung in a while ago crumbled in only about 7-10 years after fitting..

Pics of bike soon to follow! ;)

Ian

440ac45f90c480ec1bc4546f23c042d4.jpg

1b23510966e3d6b2eb2b5e1d6af4cdaf.jpg

Re:

Looks very nice! Proper, 'upgraded at the time to race' type machine :)

Out of interest you don't happen to have the original stem by any chance? I really, really need one for my Quatrefoil tandem....

Sorry awful pics.. This is not an original bike spec bike as you can see. Quick run through...

Pace RC 35 forks, Renthal bars, SS7 brake levers customised by yours truly, Campag front rim , Hope hub , Control Tech stem, Mavic Headset. Deore 7 speed thumbies , XT front and rear mechs , Pace and Shimano rings , Mavic rear rim, threw the Ringle skewers away used the hefty XT ones as they perform better, XTR pedals , Xt crank, XTR seat post , ?? Selle saddle?? Onza bar ends, XT brakes, rear hub XT Hope front axle , home made anti suck thing!

I have old NEW XTR 8 speed rear mech boxed and new XT thumbies waiting to go on if the old ones fail me...

I love this bike, it's part of me. ;)

Latest posts

Back