1"1/4 thread headset, suspension forks.

Mr-Cerberus

Dirt Disciple
I have I've picked up a 1992 cannondale M2000.
Im wondering if there are any period 1'1/4 Sus forks I can fit, if I can find a set. I know I can get the heed set adapters but where the fun in that.
I know nothing about canndales other than they had some mad Sus forks like, the headshox and lefty.

IMG_20170604_151711.jpg

Thanks is Andy

Re:

There were certainly 1 1/4" suspension forks around at the time... my brother's Saracen Conquest has 1 1/4" Mag 20s on it and I'm sure these were around in 1992.

Re:

Pace forks came in 1 1/4. I had some shock tech forks until recently that also ran 1 1/4. I'm sure there are others.

Re:

Yep all the main players had all three sizes at the time.
RockShox, Manitou, Marzocchi and the smaller players like PACE, etc

Re: forks with 1 1/4" steerer

Right, all the Marzocchi forks (e.g. XC400, XC500, XC600, XC700, XCR, DH3 and older ones) from the 90's including the Bombers had been sold with 1 1 /8 or 1 1/4" crowns (1" with alu shim).

Re:

You could also try a flex stem if you want a tiny bit of give up front? I have one in that size doing nothing at the moment ;)

Re:

You are unlikely to find what you need....just sell that M2000 to me and cut your losses :cool:

Cracking view btw!

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":30dugakr said:
You could also try a flex stem if you want a tiny bit of give up front? I have one in that size doing nothing at the moment ;)

Is that the crazy RoboCop looking stems with a spring in the middle and 2 linkages?
I always wondered how they performed when you're​ out of the saddle?

Back