AMP Research disk brake caliper

Rbruce63

Dirt Disciple
After having both calipers rebuilt in a Germany, the front one failed to the point that there is no pressure to close the pistons and brake.

The tech said that one of the calipers has an oversized piston that he doesn't carry in his spare parts. I think that I am contemplating the demise of my bike and I still have more use to it!

Where can I find a single or two AMP calipers used, perhaps from a bike beyond repair? Can you help me find one?

Which calipers (there were 2)? I have a few of the original ones with no pads raided from some parted out (new) Mongoose NX-7s that never sold.

88778a66-9309-4bf1-a868-25bee99f4348_zpsd4954d40.jpg

Calipers original AMP

Do you still have Original AMP's calipers in aluminum finish? What is the damage and can I pay with PayPal? I don't know if those RockShox will fit!

FMJ":28p4ermj said:
Which calipers (there were 2)? I have a few of the original ones with no pads raided from some parted out (new) Mongoose NX-7s that never sold.

88778a66-9309-4bf1-a868-25bee99f4348_zpsd4954d40.jpg

Do you still have Original AMP's calipers in aluminum finish? What is the damage and can I pay with PayPal? I don't know if those RockShox will fit!

1st gen. AMP brake and Rock Shox are the same. Rock Shox licensed them from AMP. Caliper mount has different spacing for ISO mount. They're interchangeable with the AMP spacing mounts

Re: RockShox

So this means that the calipers will bolt to my AMP without modifications to the bracket and they will fit to my disks? And what is the cost with shipping within the USA? Can you also quote airmail to San Jose Costa Rica?

Back