GT Zaskar - Advice?

Mikb23

Old School Hero
Hi guys. I'm going to look at a GT Zaskar tonight with a view to purchasing. It's a turqoise/blue anodised frame (I believe its a 94/95 as the gusset sits under the top tube rather below the down tube) and still has most of it's original kit on.

It looks in good nick from the pic's I've seen but I'm just wondering what sort of price I should be looking to pay. The seller said we can talk about price but I wouldn't know where to start. I've always wanted one of these so don't want my heart to over-rule my head!

Thanks.

I know what I am willing to pay but each market is different. It also depends on what parts are included, the condition and the availability of the parts that you want to put on it if they aren't already there. What is the asking price? If you don't mind sharing. What kit is on it now?

Re:

He's open to offers - Hasn't given a price. It's all XT and has a set of period Bombers. Wheels are not original I think - not sure what they are from the pictures he sent. He wants an offer from me after I've seen it but I want to make sure I make the right one. He's just selling it as an old GT with good high end kit rather than specifically a Zaskar, if that makes sense? Not sure he realises the desirability of the frame. I was thinking around the £150-£200 mark?

Re:

I have most of the kit I want to put on it at home. Only additional expense would probably be a set of wheels.

That sounds reasonable to me. I just spent $300 on one a few months back. That's about £230. Mine has xtr M900 parts and original wheels so I think you are about correct on the money.

Re:

£150-£200 sounds reasonable from the description. Frames in the anodised colours on their own will sell for £150 on a good day.

If you get it, remember to put up some pictures. :D

This one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172655578102

Exactly what i'm looking for myself frame wise, but collection only and a long way away :(

I'd have thought upper end of the £200 mark for sure.

cheers
Chris

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
An Ink Blue 94/95 16' Zaskar just went for 750 on eBay yesterday. Ano 16's in good condition are rare especially with no fade. This Aqua looks like a good example. I would imagine it going for around the same. The Frame on this is great and looks like is has not dents. I wouldn't be fussed about the group set (Id sell it on to help cover the cost of the frame. Id ask for a few more pics and the serial number. Also i just helped Gil repro the Camp Style Zaskar Decals. Good luck to whom ever grabs it!

Re:

That's a tidy frame. :cool:

£750 seems crazy money for a Zaskar- I'm definitely keeping hold of mine now!

Having said that, £150-£200 may be a bit optimistic given the condition. You may have to add a fair chunk to that if it goes to bids.

Latest posts

Back