difference between a Zaskar and a Zaskar LE

paulvandermoolen

Old School Grand Master
can anyone tell me the difference between a Zaskar and a Zaskar LE? i know that my GT is a Zaskar. butt don't know if it's a Zaskar LE. is there a difference in the tubing?

can anyone tell me???

pics of yours would help, but back in the day that i worked at a gt dealer, which was '98 ish usually the zaskar le was a new frame each year and the old zaskar le then became the standard zaskar, but that was then, i suppose it was a good way of not ending up struggling to sell a last years models as a manufacturerer.

but it seems to have all changed now.

hope that helps :)

don't know how to post pics here. i only know mine is a 96 frame. and the aluminium is 6061-t6. that's what i know/

maybe if someone can tell me how to post a pic.........

greetings

i resize mine first to about 20% of the original size then when you post you click on add attachment, then browse, find the resized pic then click attach then post or add more pics then post but it's 4 pics per post.

also i had a '96 and a '97 zaskar le, the 97 had machining on the headtube and the brace on the seatstay.

was about to suggest looking in th F.A.Q section of the forum for instructions on how to post pictures and there is a thread on the different zaskars!!! :D didn't know that was a"frequently asked question"!! :D

It totally depends upon the year. Zaskar LE's were sold as both frames and complete bikes. Most years the Zaskar LE was XTR equipped and the Zaskar was XT equipped. In later years like 98-99 there were some differences in the dropouts, seat tube and head tube areas.

I seem to remember reading on here a while back that the LE was lighter than the Zaskar ?, would'nt the Zaskar and the LE have different frame numbers ?

Zaskar

CNC Machined head tube bottom Bracket and rear drop outs, Easton Elite tubing, a lot lighter and a lot more expensive! A lot of folks re badge them as LE, but LE's were limited addition and pricey 98-2002 era they were £1000 for a frame, Anodised or Powder coated Graphics not stickers, were welded in the US too (the Non Le were Taiwan later. The LE were the race team bikes too. Nearly a pound lighter too BTW!

Back