Anyone else having trouble with Photobucket?

shedobits

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I've been trying without success to upload some pictures to here since Friday with no luck.
Have they changed their method or do I need help?

Re:

I had trouble with it, but now I've given up on it. A year or two back it got really slow, then inconsistent with what you upload. This led to frustration so I no longer use the site. I have some links still live but attach images to this site nowadays by resizing images with Microsoft paint. You have to use a couple reply posts to get all your pics in but, that's no effort.

Re: Re:

marc two tone":ulyyi4u6 said:
I had trouble with it, but now I've given up on it. A year or two back it got really slow, then inconsistent with what you upload. This led to frustration so I no longer use the site. I have some links still live but attach images to this site nowadays by resizing images with Microsoft paint. You have to use a couple reply posts to get all your pics in but, that's no effort.

you could download a free picture resizer, it adds the option to the right click menu so you can just click and resize any picture without having to use paint :)

Re:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=364566

They lost all of my pictures and have blocked me from commenting on their Twitter and Facebook pages. They are also ignoring my requests for support when I email them at support@photobucket.com.

All they have told me is that my pictures have gone and they are sorry.

They had no backup of the pictures. No back up at all.

Terrible service.

You'll notice that every post I have ever made is now full of empty images.

Can't connect to my account on my phone to upload pics (get a failed to fetch user data error and it just rejects my details everytime), but on the PC everything is fine and I can see all my pictures.

I'll upload via the PC but if it's not fixed by the next time I use it I'll be off elsewhere.

OK Scratch that, I can't upload on the PC either, it just keeps sending me to login again, so I do and then click upload and it goes round in a circle. It's screwed.

Carl.

drcarlos":1en4uvzk said:
OK Scratch that, I can't upload on the PC either, it just keeps sending me to login again, so I do and then click upload and it goes round in a circle. It's screwed.

Carl.

I found it was doing that. Come out of photobucket & go back in via a fresh window. Rather than using the upload tab at the top of the page, go to your library. First thumbnail is upload. If you use that route it works fine.

I should add that I only use it for sharing and selling so while it's a proverbial pain in the balls and I've moved that to flickr I haven't lost anything as all my pics are on my home NAS with offsite backup.

Carl.

Re:

The moral of the story is don't use the bucket and always keep your originals archived on a hard drive or other storage media.

Also, don't use MS Paint – it sucks. If you have a Mac, you can use the Preview app to resize and adjust images for sharing. Because of where I work, I have access to the Adobe Creative Cloud collection of apps. If, like me, you can't stretch to buying Photoshop for home, then my good friends, there is an option: fetch out the GIMP! https://www.gimp.org/ This is a free and open source image editor, retouching and manipulation tool much like Photoshop. It can be downloaded for Mac, PC or oth er platforms. I use it a lot.

If you can't get Adobe Illustrator but want to produce your own scalable vector graphics and illustrations (like draw your own bike decals...) then just like with GIMP, you can download Inkscape for any platform format at https://inkscape.org/en/

Back