DMR V8 bearings

michael franks

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Servicing my V8s and I've thrown the old ball bearings away and can't remember how many balls to put in :oops: I'm not sure that they had the correct number in to start with as I do remember the number differed between the pedals :? Thanks.

Re:

Thanks for the tips. Sorted them out yesterday - 13 per side and they are lovely again. Or was it 14? Or perhaps even 12. As you can see a bit of trial and error was involved. :cool:

Re: Re:

michael franks":30pdwftg said:
Thanks for the tips. Sorted them out yesterday - 13 per side and they are lovely again. Or was it 14? Or perhaps even 12. As you can see a bit of trial and error was involved. :cool:

:LOL:

Could I ask where you got the new bearings from?

I have 2 pairs of V8's in the shed which both need rebuilding.

Re:

michael franks":129b08va said:
It depends on how knackered your pedals are but It might be cheaper to buy a new pair. :roll:

Hehe yes well......after 2 pairs going wayward within a couple of weeks (both very old and never serviced to be fair to them) I went mad at the M'cr Cycle jumble and bought 3 more sets of pedals, including a set of sealed bearing V12's for £5!

But although I now have an abundance of pedals, it would be worth me fixing the V8's up for future use.

Thanks for the advice.

Joe

Back