Toxik Harald's Annual Show & Shine 2017

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Spring is just around the corner. Our unusually long winter has finally, I believe, come to an end.
Weather still hasn't been great to be out on the pedals much, but hoping that will change very soon.

Last year I think I might have left letting everyone know about Toxik Harald's Annual Show and Shine
a bit too late. Attendance was down considerably by the regulars. But a number of new faces showed
up and filled in the ranks. Dilibike from Vancouver Island and Ductape from Seattle made the trek.
Hope you both can do it again this year. I look forward to hanging out with you. Others brought
multiple entries. Thanks again to BC and Chickenball. Please feel free to repeat this year.

Show will be held Sunday May 7th. This year we finally get around to showcasing one of everyone's favorites.
Rocky Mountain Cycles. I'm calling on everyone to bring any and all old school Rocky's you have out
for us all to have a look. I want to see everything from the old workhorse Fusion right up to the
race ready Titanium. The handbuilt Thunderbolt and Tantalus. Everyone's favorite the iconic Blizzard.
Your e-stay Summit, Cirrus and Experience. Steel, titanium or aluminum. All original or blinged out.
Your updated daily rider or your garage queen. Made in Japan or handbuilt in Canada. You get the picture.
We need them all. Don't be shy. Looking forward to seeing lots of Ritchey tires, plenty of Raceface bits
and oodles of Syncros. mmmmm Syncros.

This show isn't just for mountain bikes. Don't forget Rocky Mountain started out as a road bike company.
If you have an old Rocky road bike we'd love to see it.

If you have any old Rocky memorabilia from back in the day bring it along. We'd love to see
what you have. If all you have is a story about owning or riding a Rocky we want to hear it.

The show isn't limited to just Rocky's either. Bring anything you own.

As per previous years we are working on trying for a celebrity or two to be on hand.
It is a lofty list. Will do our best to get a couple Rocky royalty. Those who's names and pictures
have appeared in the brochures we have drooled over or sought out decals with their names on
to apply to our rides.

You have two months to put the finishing touches on your builds. Mark it on you calendar
before something else comes up. Walleater, Dirt torpedo this is your year. Bring a bike.
Bring your dog. Bring your family. As usual any retrobike members that come over and
introduce yourself I'll have a cold beer for ya.

Looking forward to see everyone in a couple months. It is a rain or shine event. we have plenty of
cover inside Harald's shop and tents outside.

Let's hear who's coming. Post a reply.

Attachments

• RM Thunderbolt 001.JPG
    RM Thunderbolt 001.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,487
  • RM Turbo 008.JPG
    RM Turbo 008.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,473
Re:

Always fun, this show of Harold's

24226547733_7f884bf9fc_b.jpg

19997974405_a0eb4c9eb5_b.jpg

Re:

yes, absolutely, roy. thanks for the wake up call/reminder at how quickly the day approaches. the long, snowy winter has indeed kept the thoughts of vintage bikes and the show seemingly so far away, yet here we are only 2 short months away! i definitely hope to make up for my absence last year due to health issues, so carcass willing, i will be there! with rocky mountain being the feature theme, i hope to see them extra-well represented, along with whatever anybody else has to bring diversity to the event. would also be cool if we can 'locate' some principles of the company from back in the day- definitely some detective work and begging would be in order! ;o)

Thanks Roy, as always I will be there in spirit. Please take plenty
of pics for those of us who won't be able to make it :)

raidan73":2yithg6o said:

This. This is the show I'd love to go to one day.

Re:

Well i guess i jinxed the weather by commenting winter might be behind us here.
Awoke to this scenario today.

Attachments

• Blizzard in a blizzard 001.JPG
    Blizzard in a blizzard 001.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 1,279
raidan73":3ov5w0gw said:
+1 :(

even if i was local, there would have been no way i'd be able haul my collection of RM bikes and swag to this event, try as i might! :LOL:

Back