Photobucket users beware.

Trebz

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi All

Photobucket have 'lost' all of my pictures. Every single one of them. They don't even have a back up of them in order to provide a restoration solution.

Most of my posts are now lacking their images.

Feel free to message Photobucket, informing them of how terrible their service is.

I mean...every photo has gone. EVERY one. All my rides, all my bike pictures, pictures of the family, my daughter.

My signature links will prove this as the pictures of my bikes are missing.

Photobucket have admitted that they have lost all of my pictures and have so far not given me a reasonable explanation or any form of compensation.

Gutted.

They don't even offer compensation.

Re:

What do their terms and conditions say regarding keeping your data?

Personally, I wouldn't rely on a 3rd party, free site as a backup or storage solution. You can get very large capacity, 1 or 2TB hard drives, either internal, or external USB drives, for well under a hundred pounds now that will store a lot of image files and for a little more you can get huge 5TB drives: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/433/Seagate- ... e&th=1

About a year ago I noticed that the photobucket site was incredibly laggy and difficult to use. This is a worry for me for the same reasons in regards to personal memories stored. Since then, I bought a 1tb external drive new for less than £45 to back up everything should a laptop, computer or holding web service collapse.

I did a big downlaod a year (ooh maybe 2) saved it somewhere, but doing a big extraction, gotta find somewhere else to uplaod to, as PB is junk now.

Re:

Yep, it's time to start jumping ship. Whatever the issue is, it doesn't seem like they're interested in fixing it.

I began using Flickr, and its harder to use, but it's free.

I tried to use it but it sucked so I now upload to a private site.

As others have said, its best to have multiple backups and not rely on free websites.

"Photobucket is not responsible if any of your Content is deleted, or if any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Site or services causes you to lose any Content—even if you're a Paying Member."

Took me about 30 seconds to find it in the T&Cs.

OP, you're on to plums.

I got rinsed a few years ago, thankfully i only lost a couple of months of data (few hundred pictures at most), now i have three copies. Google drive, home server and a back up HDD which is in a cupboard at the inlaws.

Which reminds me, time to update.

And also reminds me, i actually have 4 copies, there's a duplicate of my google drive on my PC too. Good job i've got near enough 20TB of storage in the house!

yeah I've always liked (well not always they had an update a coupel of years ago that sucked, btu seemed to have fixed t) the mobil app, simple to use--to upload anyway. but the actual web interface , which was fine for years and years, then got really stupid, then really slow, then really full of adds and utter garbage and now it barely works.

Back