Klein Mantra - Bar ends? What grips?

JoeG

Retro Guru
I'm building up a Klein Mantra, and can't decide whether to put bar ends on it or not. If I did, I would use NOS Onza Raw 110 bar ends and Onza Ules grips.

If not, I'm not sure what I'd do.

I'd probably save the Ules for future use in a set with the bar ends.

I have some Mushroom Mountineer grips, but they are a little older era IIRC. I also have Ritchey TrueGrips, which are appropriate for almost any time period. I also have some Tioga Biogrip IIs and some generic foam ones.

What do you think?

I'd say that depends on your riding style, no? For longer distance rides I'd use them.
For shorter CC or DD there is no need for'em.

Re:

Riser bars on their own, fine, flat bars with bar ends, fine, riser bars and bar ends, ohhh dear.

Nice bike Thias. I lusted after the Mantra when they first came out, I must have visited Mud Dock in Bristol half a dozen times, but the reviews were not good even though the bikes looks great. In the end I bought a GT STS2 and shortly after that decided I preferred my Zaskar anyway.

The Mantra is still a cool looking bike.

Re: Re:

NeilM":2d91n45v said:
...riser bars and bar ends, ohhh dear.
I'll have to agree with that!

I had some worries about the performance of the URT-design, too. But with a modern fox platform dampener instead of the rather low performing fox alps that came original with those frames, the bike is quite good for my style of riding. Still no downhill machine. But very very good on the uphill sections. And comfy on the straight :D

Back