Frame detectives required - what is this ?

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi, picked up a cheap bike for a friend yesterday as looked more than the sum of its parts for the price and it has an unusual aluminium frame but I've no idea what it used to be. It bears an Easton logo and "70" can be seen just before the weld on the seattube so leads me to believe its 7000 series alloy but the rear end is definitely unusual so hoping the RB detectives may help in identifying it. There is a frame number on the bottom bracket shell - would this assist ? Doubt its anything special but would be good to put a name on it.

I've studied the pictures extensively, and can say with absolute certainty that it's a

bike.

(Sorry. no idea)

Re:

Got to be a reasonable call.

Same wishbone, same 'snake' chainstays & same bullet cable stops. Nice frame that. :cool:

Thanks for the quick detective work and I reckon you've nailed it with the Saracen Kili :cool:
The catalog says Easton Elan tubing and looking at the logo there is definitely "EL" visible there so I'll take that as a win.
Any ideas where I could get some decals for it ? Seen on Ebay some generic Saracen ones but would like to give it its identity back properly.

Re:

The seat stays on the one in the catalogue look round, while this one has square stays...

trek_y":tdu4e2ye said:
Thanks for the quick detective work and I reckon you've nailed it with the Saracen Kili :cool:
The catalog says Easton Elan tubing and looking at the logo there is definitely "EL" visible there so I'll take that as a win.
Any ideas where I could get some decals for it ? Seen on Ebay some generic Saracen ones but would like to give it its identity back properly.
Gil_M on here does repro decals.

Back